I am a designer, art director, and creative thinker by trade. Currently I am a Group Creative Director at Amazon in Seattle where I oversee the global marketing creative for Fire TV, brand partnerships and entertainment integrations, emerging devices, & Amazon Mexico.
Throughout my career I've learned many things. Like, how to hire interstate movers who won't steal your couch. And how to weather a New England winter. But mostly I've learned how to make insightful, original and entertaining content for networks, advertising agencies and brands alike.
My work has been recognized by some of the industry's most prestigious showcases including The One Show, PromaxBDA, Communication Arts, The Addys, The Effie Awards, Luerzer's Archive, Adweek, Creativity, Entertainment Weekly and of course, my Mom.
You can find my resume below, and I encourage you to contact me with any questions or if you'd just like a cheery hello.
6236 D Corson Ave S - Seattle, Washington 98108 - 512.470.5984 - email@example.com
Group Creative Director Marketing & Promotions
Award-winning Creative Director of Marketing & Promotions with experience leading creative departments in both the advertising and entertainment industries.
Group Creative Director / Amazon – Seattle, WA / 2016 - Present
· Oversaw the global creative development for Amazon Fire TV, entertainment partnerships, emerging devices and services & Amazon Mexico.
· Managed both internal and external advertising agency relationships across time zones, international borders, and languages in the creation of award-winning and highly effective international campaign work.
· Built collaborative interdepartmental relationships in the development, presentation, and sale of creative executions to company leadership.
· Lead the creation of Amazon's 2017 Super Bowl campaign from the brief to execution and delivery of six unique broadcast spots in just 15 days.
· Directed a multi-platform "Always On" social strategy for Fire TV including the execution of "Couchland", an episodic digital content series and social program garnering millions of views and over 300 individual assets.
· Trained, mentored, motivated and inspired creative teams with clear strategy, direction, feedback, and performance evaluation.
· Assigned appropriate creative department personnel (Writers, Directors, Producers) to various creative briefs and execution teams.
Vice President Creative Director / Viacom – New York, NY / 2012 – 2016
· Managed the LogoTV Creative and MTV Co-Branded Marketing departments in the development and production of promotional campaigns for Viacom’s original programming, integrated marketing, events and award shows, pro-social initiatives as well as digital & social communication.
· Lead the rebranding of LogoTV, including the logomark and tagline development through editorial voice & both linear and online channel design.
· Oversaw the marketing of multiple original programs and events during the highest-rated and most social year in LogoTV history.
· Created the MTV “Snackable Promo Library”, a collection of turn-key creative concepts that help secure incremental spending from Viacom advertising partners resulting in millions of dollars in additional revenue.
· Supervised the production staff, celebrity talent, and integrated marketing teams for all creative concepts from pre-production to execution.
· Coordinated and managed various industry vendors & suppliers.
Associate Creative Director / DraftFCB – New York, NY / 2011 – 2012
· Developed and managed the production of integrated advertising campaigns for The United States Office of National Drug Control Policy, Oreo, Velveeta, Beiersdorf International & Jamaica tourism.
· Lead the day to day operations of the broadcast, digital and social creative needs for The U.S. Office of National Drug Control Policy’s Above the Influence brand.
· Launched Above the Influence’s “Unwasted Weekend” campaign, a Millennial anti-drug program comprised of multiple media partnerships, social networking initiatives, celebrity endorsements, user-generated content and promotional contests and events.
· Oversaw the redesign and launch of abovetheinfluence.com and ONDCP’s digital presence.
· Increased Above the Influence Facebook Fan group by over 300,000 members.
· Produced long-form content with MTV Networks, AOL, Clear Channel, YouTube and Seventeen Magazine in support of Unwasted Weekend.
· Coordinated the creative development for successful new business pitches to Oreo, Nivea, Jamaica tourism and Sea World International.
Art Director / Arnold Worldwide – Boston, MA / 2007 – 2011
· Produced integrated Advertising campaigns for Progressive Insurance, Panasonic, Fidelity investments, New Balance, Volvo International, Southern Comfort, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey and Citizen’s Bank.
· Developed experiential campaigns for the American Legacy Foundation’s Truth campaign, a highly awarded Millennial anti-smoking initiative.
· Crafted pop-up retail experiences for Progressive Insurance’s “Faces of Pride” campaign that connected GLBT customers via Facebook photo albums.
· Created the “Name Your Price” campaign for Progressive Insurance, which dramatically shifted insurance purchasing behavior online.
· Launched the “Flo the Progressive Girl” Facebook page that has garnered over 5 million fans.
· Conceived the “Shot of Comfort” campaign for Southern Comfort, which included packaging redesign, mobile and tablet apps, as well as highly interactive digital components.
Art Director / JWT – New York, NY / 2005 – 2007
· Created integrated Advertising campaigns for Smirnoff Vodka, Unilever, Stride Gum, Diamond Trading Company, HSBC Bank, Schick, Rolex and Domino’s pizza.
· Responsible for the successful new business pitch and global launch of Stride Gum. The campaign helped achieve unprecedented sales in its first year and Stride became the most successful new product launch in Cadbury Adams’ history.
· Developed a national Anti-Meth campaign for Partnership for a Drug-Free America which led to a measurable change in the using-behavior of addicts across America.
· Launched Sunsilk Color Boost products nation-wide with the integrated “Color Showdown” campaign across multiple forms of new media.
Awards and Honors
The One Show - Silver Pencil Winner - Partnership for a Drug Free America
Communication Arts Awards Annual - Partnership for a Drug Free America
The Effie Awards - Stride Gum & Progressive Insurance
Adweek - Sunsilk Color Showdown
Entertainment Weekly - Ad Icon of the Century - Flo the Progressive Girl
Creativity Media and Interactive Awards – Bing , United States FDA & Geico Insurance
University of Texas / 2004 / Austin, TX
Bachelor of Science in Advertising